About Our Family

I have a love for reupholstering. I am one of the random ones who finds it relaxing. I love transforming a piece into something more beautiful & budget affordable. My plans for this blog is to give tips & display pieces I have reupholstered -which could be a perfect piece in your home. I also reupholster already own furniture if interested.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's amazing how time flies. Claira is now 2 months (9/21)! She had her 2 month check-up last Wednesday, Sept. 21st. She got some shots and had a hard time. She cried in pain when she got them. Poor baby:( The doctor checked how she is developing. He also checked her ears, throat, and nose and asked Stan to hold her hands down while he checked her. While he was checking her she lifted her legs and was pushing him with her feet. He started to chuckle and said she is trying to get him with her feet and that children don't normally do that until they're 6 months. Claira weighed in at 11.9 lbs (60%) and measured (height) 23 1/4 inches (90%) and (head circumference) 15 1/4 inches (70%).
After the doctor appointment Stan had to go to work. When we got home I gave Claira a warm bath and gave her Tylenol. She sadly didn't want me to hold her because her legs hurt. It made me sad that I couldn't really do much to make her feel better. It seemed like the routine for the day was bath, Tylenol, eat, and sleep. I am glad that Claira loves to take baths and doesn't cry. She actually stops crying and relaxes once her feet touch the water. She likes to kick and move her hands in the water. She is just too cute:)
I thought to make a few list to organize my thoughts so sorry they are so random.

List of things that I love about Claira:
-She smiles a alot. She smiles when she wakes up. Smiles when she sees Stan and I. She smiles when you talk, make noises and weird faces at her. She smiles when she hears someone laughing.
-She looks like her daddy
-She squeals when she gets excited.
-She sleeps through the night (sleeps 10pm- 6am, eats, back to sleep 7am-9am)
-She doesn't cry constantly. ha ha. We are able to sit through church and activities without having to leave. Of course she gets fussy when she is hungry or tired.
-She likes to see new places. I am able to take her places and she will just want to sit up and look at everything.
-She makes daddy melt. Stan gets a special smile on his face when he sees her and when he holds her. I can tell they have a special bond when she smiles back at him. Priceless...

List of things I didn't know or realize what it was like after having a baby:
-Being in pain after you have your baby is worse than labor
-Your emotions go up and down. I feel self-conscious, I would be beyond happy that I cry then I cry because I am so tired, I would feel guilty that I am not working and that Stan has to work so much, stressed that I don't have enough milk to fill Claira.
-You lose you social skills easy. I stay at home so I don't talk to adults that often.I realized when people come over to visit they would just play with Claira and I would just sit there in silence forcing myself to come up with something to talk about. I felt like I had a hard time keeping conversation. I don't know if that had to do with my brain not working or me being self-conscious. I am getting better with that.
-Yes, I know this one is a no brainer but I will still list it. Your body will never be the same.lol

I list these not to scare myself or others but I had to get my feelings out and share them. I wouldn't change any of these because I get my sweet little girl. I understand why mothers say that having a baby is a great blessing. I think women have another baby because they forget how much it hurts to have a baby or/and the want of having a baby is so great that the pain is worth it. I am pretty sure that is why Heavenly Father has given us this great gift and ability. Men would probably stop half way through. ha ha
We are sure excited that we have our sweet Claira and hopefully have more (when Claira gets a little older.lol)

NOTE: We did bless Claira Sunday, September 4, 2011. I am waiting to post about it until I can download the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment